Sweet, colourful and succulent! I have used homegrown beetroot for my Roasted Beetroot, but you can buy beets from most supermarkets our farm stores. Roasting beetroot brings out the sweetness and flavour. It is very simple to do and once they are cooked, they will keep in your fridge for at least a week. Ours don’t usually last that long!
You can enjoy these with your roast dinner or cold in a salad.
Ingredients for Roasted Beetroot
Six Beetroots, washed, topped and tailed.
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Black Pepper
3-4 Springs of Thyme
Prep Time 15 Minutes
- First and Foremost Wash Your Hands!
- Wash, top and tail the Six Beetroots.
- To roast the Six Beetroots, you will want to wrap them individually in Tin Foil.
- On a clean work-surface, lay out six strips of tin foil; (big enough to wrap the individual beets in).
- Rub olive oil over each of the Beetroots and place on the Tin Foil.
- Sprinkle a Pinch of Salt, Pinch of Black Pepper and add the Thyme to each of the Beetroots.
- Loosely close the Tin Foil around the Beetroots and place them in roasting tray.
- Roast for two hours on Gas Mark 2. Slow roasting will bring out the flavour and make the Beetroots tender.