Homemade Washing Powder
Simple, cost effective and it works!
I have tried many recipes for washing powders. After a lot of experimentation, I found this combination and in my opinion it is perfect. This Homemade Washing Powder is ideal for those with sensitive skin and so easy to make. I get most of the ingredients from eBay and buy bulk to keep costs down.
Prepare this washing powder in a well ventilated area and using goggles, gloves and face mask if necessary.
Ingredients for Homemade Washing Powder
Two cups vegetable soap base, grated.
Two cups Borax (sodium tetra borate decahydrate)
1/2 cup Citric Acid Crystals
10 drops Lavender essential oil
10 drops Tea Tree essential oil
10 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
1/2 Cup Bicarbonate of soda
Creating Homemade Washing Powder
Prep Time 30 Minutes
- First and Foremost Wash Your Hands!
- Grate Two cups vegetable soap base and add to a large bowl.
- Add Two cups Borax to the bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup Citric Acid Crystals to the bowl.
- Add 1/2 Cup Bicarbonate of soda to the bowl.
- Combine the ingredients together in the bowl (see below)
- IMPORTANT! Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area and wear gloves, goggles and a mask if necessary.
- Combine the 10 drops Eucalyptus essential oil, 10 drops Lavender essential oil and 10 drops Tea tree essential oil into the mix.
You can use oils of your choice, but avoid ‘heavy’ oils that will discolour in time.
- Mix the ingredients together until the mixture is a powder texture and the grated soap is mixed in well with the dry ingredients (see below).