Just because you are Vegan it does not mean you no longer have to envy those with ramekins of Mayonnaise. If you have a blender (even a hand blender) this Vegan Mayonnaise Recipe is so easy to make. It is not the healthiest but is a must for dipping chips or to brighten up a sandwich.
Ingredients for Vegan Mayonnaise
Makes a Jar
2 tbsp Apple Cider or White Wine Vinegar
100 ml Unsweetened Soya Milk
(Really try & go unsweetened here, you will notice the difference)
200 ml your preferred oil (I used vegetable oil)
Salt & Pepper
Again, there are many variations for a Citrus Mayonnaise, add some Lemon or Lime juice with the Vinegar and add some grated zest.
For a Chilli Mayonnaise use Chilli Oil instead of the Vegetable Oil or mix in a tbsp Cayenne Pepper or Chilli Powder at the end.
For Tartare Sauce, finely chop some Onion, Capers & Gherkin (make sure well drained) & stir in at the end.
Creating Vegan Mayonnaise
Time 10 Minutes
- First and Foremost Wash Your Hands!
- In the blender jug or bowl add 2 tbsp of Vinegar
- With the Vinegar pour over 100 ml Unsweetened Soya Milk
- Measure 200 ml your preferred oil into a jug or something easy to pour
- Blend the Milk & Vinegar
- Slowly pour in the Oil whilst continuing to blend
- Put into a jar or container with lid
- Don’t worry if it looks lumpy, just give a mix with a teaspoon
- Add desired Salt & Pepper
- Refrigerate after use, use with 7 days